YWCA Used Book Sale
The health and safety of the community, our staff, and volunteers is the YWCA Westmoreland County’s number one priority. With this in mind, these are the following guidelines in place for this event:
- A mask will be required to enter the building
- Hand sanitizer will be available to shoppers, staff, and volunteers throughout the sale
- Shoppers, staff and volunteers are asked to practice social distancing while browsing and in the checkout line
- Volunteers will monitor the number of shoppers allowed inside the building
- Surfaces around the mansion will be cleaned frequently throughout the day
If you have any questions, please call 724-834-9390.
Save the Date: Thursday, July 30, Friday, July 31 & Saturday August 1
- All days 9 am – 8 pm
Books are $1.75 per inch Thursday and Friday, and $1.25 per inch Saturday or $8.00 per bag (Saturday only)!
We encourage you to bring your own bag for shopping at the sale.
Thousands of Books for sale BY THE INCH! There is always a large variety of quality books at the sale!
* Fiction * Non-Fiction * Paperbacks * Hardbacks * Children’s Books * Cookbooks * Many Categories *
Thank you to the YWCA Board of Directors, Volunteers, YWCA Staff, Donors & Local Businesses who help to make the sale a wonderful success!
Purchases benefit the YWCA Westmoreland County programs.
How can you help?
We accept gently used hardback and paperback fiction and non-fiction books. We DO NOT take textbooks, magazines, encyclopedias or Reader’s Digest Condensed Books. Donations can be dropped off at the book shed in the back of the YWCA Westmoreland County Headquarters parking lot.
Work at the Used Book Sale:
Volunteers are needed to work at the sale to restock and straighten books. If you are interested in volunteering at the July 2020 Book Sale or would like more information, please call Gabby at 724-834-9390. We are looking for volunteers for all three days, for all time shifts (9 am- 9 pm).
Volunteers are needed to sort through the book donations that are collected throughout the year. Book sorters meet Tuesdays from 1:00 – 3:00 PM (weather permitting) behind the little strip mall by Agway. Call Gabby at 724-834-9390 for more information on volunteering.