Deadline Extended until Wednesday, October 16, 2019, by noon
- The contest is open to all students who are residents of Westmoreland County and enrolled in grades K-12. (home-schooled, public or private schools)
- The theme is “Choose Peace, Not Violence.” Artwork must display a message of unity & peace.
- Poster size Minimum = 12” x 18”; Poster Size Maximum = 18” x 24”.
- Students may use any type of paper.
- Do not roll posters.
- Students may use any medium. (e.g., crayons, watercolors, markers, coloring pencils, etc.)
- The following information should be clearly written in pencil or pen on the back of the poster in the lower left-hand corner for privacy:
- Student’s Name, Home Address, Telephone Number.
- School and Grade Level.
- Only one entry per student.
- The poster submitted must be the student’s original work.
- Judging criteria: creativity, theme representation, and visual appeal.
- The deadline extended until Wednesday, October 16, 2019, at noon.
- Posters should be submitted to the YWCA Westmoreland County at 424 North Main Street in Greensburg, PA, Attention Gabby Skillings.
Prizes and Voting
One winner will be selected in each of the following grade-level categories: K-3; 4-6; 7-9; 10-12.
Each winner will receive $100 and a certificate.
Entries will be displayed and voted on at the Westmoreland Diversity Coalition’s Annual Unity Celebration held on Thursday, October 17, at Ferrante’s Lakeview Restaurant. The celebration is free and open to the public. Parents and children are encouraged to attend. The voting will be open to celebration attendees from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Winners will be announced before 8:00 p.m.
Winning posters will be displayed through the end of the school year at the YWCA Westmoreland County.
Please call the YWCA at 724-834-9390 with questions or for more information.