What is PA WORKWEAR?
PA WORKWEAR, provided by the YWCA of Westmoreland County, is an opportunity for you to receive clothing to help you succeed in the workplace.
How does it work?
PA WORKWEAR will provide one free interview outfit to any woman who is graduating from high school or college or re-entering the workforce from unemployment and/or job training programs. Clients are assisted by a trained consultant. After obtaining a job the client may return for additional work clothes. Appointments are available by a referred caseworker.
You could be eligible for a referral to PA WORKWEAR if you:
Get a job that requires you to wear clothing that you do not already have.
Are going to training and the training facility requires you to wear a specific type of clothing or has a dress code.
Need interview clothing and additional items including:
- Hosiery and undergarments
- Hair and make-up tips
What do I need to do?
- Contact your case manager at your training program or your County Assistance Office (CAO) and ask for help with the clothing you need to go on a job interview; accept a job or participate in training.
- Your caseworker/case manager will explain the benefits you will receive from PA WORKWEAR and will make a referral and/or schedule an appointment for you.
- Your caseworker/case manager will give you a copy of the referral form to take with you to the appointment.
- At your scheduled appointment time, arrive at the YWCA Thrift Shop to meet with a personal clothing consultant. She will help you select interview clothes or the specific type of clothing that you need for training or employment. You will look your very best on the job or as you attend training to prepare for work.
What else do I need to know?
- You must have a confirmed appointment.
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Your appointment will take about 45 minutes
- If you cannot make the appointment, or you are running late, please call and tell the staff at the Thrift Shop at 724.834.1383. You may need to reschedule your appointment.
- Take the referral form with you. If you don’t receive a copy of the referral form before your appointment, take along a photo ID.
- Please DO NOT bring your children, family or friends along with you.
- Dress casually to make it easier to try on clothing at your appointment.
- Do not bring food or beverages with you.
- You will be met at PA WORKWEAR by people with a positive attitude who will be happy to help you with the clothing you need to be successful in the workplace.
How Can I Help?
- Individuals wanting to donate interview clothing for this program may drop items off at the Thrift Shop during regular business hours.
- Clothing must be appropriate for an interview.
- Clothing must be clean, contemporary.
- Clothing is tax deductible and forms are available upon request.
- Interview outfits size 2 through 3X are needed.
- Gently worn interview appropriate shoes in every size are also accepted