YWCA Girls Field Hockey
The YWCA Dragons Field Hockey program will not participate in a spring indoor league in 2021. The health and safety of our girls, coaches, and staff remain the highest priority for the YWCA.
The Dragons are currently looking for a head coach to lead the Dragons for Summer and Fall 2021.Anyone interested in this position should contact the YWCA at 724-834-9390 or via email.
Why join this program?
This program is for girls who are interested in learning or improving their field hockey skills and want to have fun during the off-season. Beginners to advanced players are welcome and encouraged to sign up. For more information or to register for the season, call the YWCA at 724-834-9390.
Here is the history of YWCA Field Hockey
- 1991: Field Hockey instructional classes were offered for the first time in Greensburg by the YWCA at Lynch Field on October 5th. This program was facilitated by a grant from the US Field Hockey Association.
- 1993: New uniforms were purchased with donations from James Albert to the Program.
- 1996 ~ 1999: Program is moved to Seton Hill University. FIRST WINNING SEASON for the Middle School Team. A total of 42 goals were scored. ~ FIRST WINNING SEASON for the High School team with a 7-5-2 record.
- 2002 ~ 2003: Four high school teams spin off the YWCA club to form new programs: Greensburg Salem, Hempfield, Greensburg Central Catholic and Penn Trafford (2011 WPIAL Champs).
- 2005: Hempfield Park became our new HOME! First undefeated season!!
- 2013: Another undefeated season – YWCA Middle School Team.