YWCA Girls Field Hockey
The YWCA Dragons Field Hockey program will participate in a Winter indoor season tentatively starting in March 2022. It will be held at the Hempfield Sports Complex, 220 Forbes Trail Road, Greensburg. The sessions will be held Tuesday and Thursday for 6 weeks.
The program is designed to include all age groups; 2nd – 5th grade , 6th – 8th grade and 9 – 12th grade according to the player’s 2022 Fall school year enrollment.
Jeanne Kaylor, founder of the YWCA Field Hockey Program, will be Head coach for our Indoor season. Each age group will have their own coaches and volunteers to give the players lots of attention. Please plan on joining the fun playing Indoor Field Hockey with the YWCA Community Field Hockey Program!
Send in the forms below to register!
Why join this program?
This program is for girls who are interested in learning or improving their field hockey skills and want to have fun during the off-season. Beginners to advanced players are welcome and encouraged to sign up. For more information or to register for the season, call the YWCA at 724-834-9390.
Here is the history of YWCA Field Hockey
- 1991: Field Hockey instructional classes were offered for the first time in Greensburg by the YWCA at Lynch Field on October 5th. This program was facilitated by a grant from the US Field Hockey Association.
- 1993: New uniforms were purchased with donations from James Albert to the Program.
- 1996 ~ 1999: Program is moved to Seton Hill University. FIRST WINNING SEASON for the Middle School Team. A total of 42 goals were scored. ~ FIRST WINNING SEASON for the High School team with a 7-5-2 record.
- 2002 ~ 2003: Four high school teams spin off the YWCA club to form new programs: Greensburg Salem, Hempfield, Greensburg Central Catholic and Penn Trafford (2011 WPIAL Champs).
- 2005: Hempfield Park became our new HOME! First undefeated season!!
- 2013: Another undefeated season – YWCA Middle School Team.
- 2019: Undefeated season!