YWCA Girls Field Hockey
2019 Fall Season
Traveling Team (YWCA Dragons)
Grades 5 through 8. The season is August 12 – October 25. $180 registration fee which includes pre-season, on-your-own conditioning plan, and the regular season of practices, away & home games.
Grades K through 4. The season is August 26 – October 23. $140 registration fee which includes Monday & Wednesday practices and an end-of-season game against the Junior Varsity Travel Team.
(Fees are reduced by $10.00 for every additional child registered.)
Checks can be made payable to YWCA Westmoreland County.
Call the YWCA Westmoreland County at 724-834-9390 to pre-register to hold your spot.
Why join this program?
This program is for girls who are interested in learning or improving their field hockey skills and want to have fun during the off-season. Beginners to advanced players are welcome and encouraged to sign up. For more information or to register for the season, call the YWCA at 724-834-9390.
Here is the history of YWCA Field Hockey
- 1991: Field Hockey instructional classes were offered for the first time in Greensburg by the YWCA at Lynch Field on October 5th. This program was facilitated by a grant from the US Field Hockey Association.
- 1993: New uniforms were purchased with donations from James Albert to the Program.
- 1996 ~ 1999: Program is moved to Seton Hill University. FIRST WINNING SEASON for the Middle School Team. A total of 42 goals were scored. ~ FIRST WINNING SEASON for the High School team with a 7-5-2 record.
- 2002 ~ 2003: Four high school teams spin off the YWCA club to form new programs: Greensburg Salem, Hempfield, Greensburg Central Catholic and Penn Trafford (2011 WPIAL Champs).
- 2005: Hempfield Park became our new HOME! First undefeated season!!
- 2013: Another undefeated season – YWCA Middle School Team.