The YWCA Westmoreland County is sponsoring our annual poster contest with the theme “Everyone is different. Everyone belongs.” We invite students who are residents of Westmoreland County in grades K-12 to participate.
- The contest is open to all students who are residents of Westmoreland County and enrolled in grades K-12. (home-schooled, public or private schools)
- The theme is “Everyone is different. Everyone belongs.” Artwork must display a message of unity & peace.
- Poster size Minimum = 8.5” x 11”; Poster Size Maximum = 20” x 24”.
- Students may use any type of paper.
- Do not roll posters.
- Students may use any medium. (e.g., crayons, watercolors, markers, coloring pencils, etc.)
- The following information should be clearly written in pencil or pen on the back of the poster in the lower left hand corner for privacy:
- Student’s Name, Home Address, Telephone Number.
- School and Grade Level.
- Only one entry per student.
- The poster submitted must be the student’s original work.
- Judging criteria: creativity, theme representation, and visual appeal.
- Deadline to submit an entry is Monday, February 15, 2021.
- Posters should be submitted to the YWCA Westmoreland County at 424 North Main Street in Greensburg, PA. Attention Gabby Skillings.
Prizes and Voting:
One winner will be selected in each of the following grade level categories: K-3; 4-6; 7-9; 10-12.
Each winner will receive $50 and a certificate.
Entries will be displayed at the YWCA Westmoreland County from Monday February 22 – 26. There will be an awards ceremony for the winners and their families on Saturday, February 27 from 4:00pm – 5:30pm. Winners will be posted to the YWCA website.
Winning posters will be displayed through the end of the school year at the YWCA Westmoreland County.
Please call the YWCA at 724-834-9390 with questions or for more information.
2019 Poster Contest Winners